Your system must have one of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 10)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.6 or greater
- GNU/Linux 2.6.18 or greater (Glibc 2.12+, libgcc 4.4+)
Minimum system requirements:
- 3 GB of RAM ( 8 GB or more recommended)
- 5 GB (10 GB or more recommended) of disk space for caching and temporary files.
- Display with at least 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution and 24-bit color
- OpenGL 2.0 or higher with the following extensions:
GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two (Viewer and OpenGL rendering)
GL_ARB_shader_objects (Viewer and OpenGL rendering)
GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object (Viewer and OpenGL rendering)
GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object (Viewer and OpenGL rendering)
GL_ARB_vertex_array_object or GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object (OpenGL rendering only)
GL_ARB_framebuffer_object or GL_EXT_framebuffer_object (OpenGL rendering only)
GL_ARB_texture_float (OpenGL rendering only)
You can query the OpenGL version of your system in the about window of Natron (in the libraries tab).
For Windows users, if OpenGL requirements are not met by your graphic card, we provide a Software OpenGL dll (opengl32.dll) from Mesa that can provide (through software) the required OpenGL version.